Monday, August 8, 2011

The Young Atheist

A young man approached me this week after an open air message down on the river front. He said something about ‘free speech’ and handed me a sticker promoting ‘Atheism’ and then turned and walked quickly away. But he stood and listened for some time, waiting for me to finish so that he could deliver his message of atheism. A Christian brother next to me, quipped, “Yea, there goes a brave one, he hands you his literature and runs away!” I quickly said, “Brother, he heard the word of God! God's word will have its way with him.” This is the confidence we have in our message of the gospel; IT IS THE LIVING WORD OF THE GOD!

This is the confidence of the evangelist! He preaches in obedience to his Savior the good news of the gospel, knowing the Jesus’ sheep will hear and come to Christ!

John 10:27

27 My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:

Imagine a voice without sound…this is the voice of Jesus Christ speaking right down into the soul….Words of the Holy Spirit that quickened spirit of the sinner to "see the kingdom of God!" (John 3:3)

We were not saved by a clever arguments, or superior apologetic, but by the foolishness of preaching and the power of the Spirit of God speaking life into the dead soul of the sinner.

John 10:28-30

28 And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish; neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.

29 My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand.

30 I and my Father are one.

The question to the Christian….will you be obedient to your master? Will you speak the good news that Jesus Christ shed his blood to purchase, or will the fear of man lay a snare for your feet? Lets fear God, not man! Always be ready to leave a tract or speak a gospel word to those you meet day by day.

Pray for that young Atheist and all those who received gospel literature!


No comments: