Sunday, May 18, 2008

Divine Appointments of God

The DVB Girl

The Lord knows those that are His! Praise the Lord we need not worry about using mans methods and schemes to get people to pray or ‘be saved’. We go because we are commanded to, knowing that God will use His Word to call those who are the elect from before the foundation of the world!

Today many people were passing by, trying to ignore the guy with the tracts. Suddenly, there stood before me a young couple; the young lady began to ask me questions, lots of questions. Here are a few that I remember…

  • Why do you need to use a particular name to address God?
  • Yea, I attended DVB as a kid and memorized scripture. I even prayed to accept Jesus as my savior, but now I have doubts about many things. Will I still go to heaven?
  • I heard that God loves every one. Is that true?
  • Why didn’t God answer the prayers I prayed as a child? I’m so disillusioned when it comes to God. There has to be a God who created all this, just look at those flowers! I mean, someone had to have created that.
  • What is faith?

To each of these questions the Spirit graciously brought scripture to my mind and then she was off the next question…

About this time her boy friend said, “Let’s go!”

To which the young lady replied, “No! I’m depressed and have thoughts of suicide. This has never happen to me before. Why am I having these thoughts?

Mister, do you know that you are going to heaven? I answered, “Absolutely!” How did you come to know that at first? At this point I shared my testimony of salvation with them.

What is heaven like? Will we be ourselves?

I closed my comments to her relating the failure of the first Adam and the victory of the second Adam; that Christ, the God-man died on the cross for our sins, rose bodily from the dead and ascended into heave to sit at the right hand of the Father. I admonished her to repent of her sins and to have faith in the finished work of Christ on the cross. Romans 10:9-10 & 13. The will forgive and indwell the believer. It is Christ in you, the hope of glory.

I leaned that they were finishing their freshman in college this year. Did you know that 75% of Christian young people renounce their faith before leaving college? She took a gospel of John with a “Good news for you” tract as a book marker.

Please pray for this soul. I do not know her name. I’m thinking of her as the Daily Vacation Bible girl, or the DVB girl. She has our contact information so pray that she will contact us with questions.

No comments: