Monday, June 16, 2008

Family Affair Sowing the Seed of the Gospel

Saturday was a church work day for our home church and so we did not get to the square until 12:30 pm. It was a family affair, Molly and Liz taking the NE corner at 6th and Morrison, Joshua and Joanna holding forth on the SW corner at Yamhill and Broadway. Jim and I were roving through and about the square handing out tracts on the sidewalks and on the steps were many people were eating lunch. We had a great day with over 400 tracts given out.

The square pavement was filled with flowers and foliage with a stiff wind blowing through from the SE. Not the greatest for open air preaching. I decided to go to individuals with the message.
I had several one on one conversations with different people on the steps and with people waiting for the Max on Yamhill. We were using a variety of tracts from living waters ministry. I like giving out 'Giant Money'. I had several ask for another to give to a relative or friend.

I want to thank my dear family for their faithful service to the Lord. The seed was sown. Dear Lord glorify your name in the saving of your people!

No comments: