Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Saturday Ministry Report - August 27th 2011



We had a great day in Portland this past Saturday. We arrived at the fountain to find that a full scale juggling act had taken our usual preaching spot. There were gather great crowds...so I used the opportunity to pass out tracts. The Evangelist needs always to be ready to assess the situation and make the most of it! After a time we retired from the fountain and headed to the riverfront park area.

There were several interesting encounters. I use a brochure about the 1980 eruption of Mount St. Helens. It gives reasons to believe the Genesis account of creation based upon geological evidence. Inside the brochure is a gospel tract with a message from our Pastor and information about Glencullen Baptist Church. I offered this 'package' to a big guy, he looked like he played football and had a 'Texas" hat on. He took it and went on his was with his girlfriend on his arm. Pretty soon he comes back my way grinning, "Boy you are really slick, that is really slick the way you are doing the work here!" He shook my hand, pressing a wad of bills into my hand and walked on! That is a first for me! I have never taken donations on the street before this and I probably will not see it again for a long while. I did not feel like I should keep it so I pressed it into the hand of one of our faithful listeners. See the picture, he is there at the end of the wall under the shade tree. Also notice the crowd under the shade tree. This crowd grows as the day gets hotter. Many of them listen...I know they can hear ...but pray that they hear and believe!

There was a young college age girl who nervously listened to me preach a message that answered FAQ of skeptics and unbelievers...you know like, "If God is all powerful and good, why doesn't HE stop evil in the world?" or "Why would a 'loving' God send any one to an eternal hell?" As I address the question of God's law and our condemnation she wanted to say something...afterward to justify herself she tried to make the case that I was guilty of slander! "What is slander in your thinking...." She answered her own objection and realized she had no 'case' and went away sorrowful. Pray for this young lady.

Look at this photo. A young man reading the gospel sign. I later passed him on my way out and he received a tract. Pray the light of the glorious gospel would break through the darkness.

GOD BLESS TIL NEXT TIME and thank you for your prayer support!


No comments: